As the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Region (GLSLR) strives to revitalize its economy and re-emerge as a major global player, a question looms on many minds: Are bi-national governance and collaboration efforts the new key to regional prosperity?
At this year's Canada-US Law Institute conference, held at the Cleveland Museum of Art's new atrium, top academic, private sector,policymakers, and nonprofit leaders will explore this and other questions facing the region's revitalization. Panelists will explore what's working, what's not, and what changes are needed to regain long-term bi-national prosperity and sustainability. Chairing the Conference will be Ambassadors David Jacobson (US) and Gary Doer (Canada).
The Institute is also proud to partner with the Mowat Centre in the launch of the Council of the Great Lakes Region (CGLR). Comprised of private, public, and civil stakeholders, the CGLR's mandate will be to respond to shared regional challenges. The CGLR will convene multiple interests, connect regional actors, inform decision-makers and the public, and cultivate a unified regional voice, all with the goal of supporting the region's existing organizations, filling existing gaps, and working on behalf of the region's interests. Its launch during the Canada-US Law Institute Conference will mark the beginning of a new era in bi-national regional cooperation for the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Region.
- Top Panelists from Academia, Private Sector, Labor, Government, and Nonprofit Sector
- Cutting Edge Discussions that will Impact the Region
- Attendance at Consortium on the Great Lakes Region Launch Event
- Ambassadors' Cocktail Reception and Dinner, hosted by Ambassadors David Jacobson and Gary Doer at the Cleveland Museum of Art
- Multiple Networking Opportunities with Leaders from Industry, Government, Academia, Labor, the nonprofit sectors
- CLE Credit - Estimated 7.25 CLE
- CPD Credit - This program is eligible toward the Law Society's CPD Requirement as Substantive Hours. Please note that this program is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or the New Member requirement.
For more details about engaging as a CUSLI Member or Sponsor, please contact: email@example.com.
US Amb. to Canada
Canada's Amb. to US
General in Detroit
Adm. Michael Parks,
US Coast Guard 9th Dist. Commander
Hon. Jim Blanchard,
Hon. Jim Peterson, Fmr. Canadian
Minister of International Trade
Fmr. Ohio Governor
Fmr. Mayor of Toronto
Pres. and CEO,
Cleveland Port Auth.